Thursday, December 8, 2016

Believe & Be Yourself

As everyone, I can't believe that December has rolled around again. Christmas shopping is nearly done and the hot weather has arrived albeit a bit belated. The hot weather and I really don't see eye to eye so it gives me time in the air conditioning to scrapbook. The early morning is beautiful in the garden before the hot sun comes over and then I hibernate. My first challenge this month is 123 Challenge Blog which is...Silver, Believe and layers. For the silver I was tempted to go for the good old glitter but then I remembered a technique that I had used quite a time ago. I used some cardstock, applied a thin layer of glue and the smoothed some kitchen foil over this. When it had set I then used a Kaisercraft die, circle vines, to cut a circle to use as a frame on the photo. Then I die cut a few extras to add to the page. To frame the photo I also foil covered some cardstock and used this as the frame and the first of my layers for the photo. Sometimes when you edit your page it is not quite as you would like. But I think it will get the idea across.  
Believe and Be Yourself
    I hope you have enjoyed my page. Happy Scrapping. Heather B.  

4 comments:

  1. Lovely layout. I love how you've used the silver frame to highlight her gorgeous face. Thanks for playing along with the 123 Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good idea to make silver embellishes, thanks for sharing.. your layout is so pretty, love the layers too.. thanks for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute page – it all works so well ! Thank you so much for joining in with 123 Challenge Blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful page Heather and I love how you have framed your adorable photo. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and thanks for joining us this month at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete